Sarkodie’s influence on Ghana Music authoritatively cannot be compared to any artiste in the history of Ghana.
As we celebrate his birthday, I have compiled a list of his top 10 songs that since his emergence has not faded and still sounds fresh in the ears of music lovers. Don’t forget that he is the most consistent artiste with hits every year in Ghana despite being a rapper.
10. Can’t let you go ft King Promise. This song is not too old but the influence it has had over the past few years is not normal. King Promise didn’t fail the King as he did some magic on it. In memory of Tracy, this song carries an emotional tone that speaks to the heart.
9. Azonto Fiesta ft Appietus: The indomie generation might not be familiar with this song but there was no Party this song couldn’t be played. The Azonto era really dominated Africa with this song.
8. Borga. After the release of this song, many thought Sarkodie will not travel outside the country. His punches were hard for Ghanaians outside the country to digest because he really went hard on those washing bowls and cleaning toilets over there. Borga really showed a new dimension with how Sarkodie masterminded the instrumental and made it appealing to the ear.
7. I’m in Love with you ft Efya: The chemistry between the two of them should even end the discussion. Sarkodie has a way of getting his emotions into certain songs that needs it. Getting the right artist on the song is his talent as well. As for Efya, her music soul mate is Sarkodie and that ends it.
6. Megye Wo girl ft Shatta Wale- The early stages of Sarkodie’s friendship saw him team up with Dancehall maestro Shatta Wale on several occasions. Shatta Wale even MC his rapperholics concert few years ago. The two teaming up to bring up this song was highly anticipated and the song did very well. It is still a masterpiece when playing
5. Adonai ft Castro: To date, this song remains one of Ghana’s favorite songs even if you hate Sarkodie. Castro really did some magic and despite the song being played in clubs, the lyrics are words of encouragement and advice.
Lay-Away ft Sway: Sarkodie’s early stages saw him, teams, up with Konvict Music. Though he wasn’t signed, his feature with Sway proved that he was ready for the world. The tongue-twisting alone was unique and he was flowing like “menses”. This is one of his greatest songs to date.
3. Original: Being a hip-hop artiste, Orginal will always be one great tune we can’t ignore. From instrumentation to delivery. Fortune Dane really did well. Even people who don’t like rap raps this song whenever they drop it. Aside from “Dj Khaled All I Do is win”, Original is the next hip-hop song played at every event since it came out.
2. You go Kill Me ft E.L: This song alongside Dangerous led a coup to ensure that Azonto cements it’s place in Africa. The Azonto Era was magical and whenever this song is played, the crowd responds very well.
1. Babe ft Mugeez: Well, it wasn’t just for the artist but I must confess this song has won myself some few girls. I could sing it and do the rap on my way. The girls loved it so you can imagine. This is still a classic and I still use the vibes to run some ladies to pamper them even over 10 years on. This song made Sarkodie who he is today and in short his greatest song as at 2020 despite other top collaboration. I can’t talk about Mugeez because we all know what that man does. He did the same magic on Goodbye for Sarkodie as well.
These are the top songs from Sarkodie. Streaming not inclusive. Just our opinion and views put together by the team at Harrygraphic.com.