Apple released the first developer beta preview of the much anticipated iOS 14 on Monday, June 22, 2020 at their annual Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC 20).
This is the detailed step by step on How to install your IOS beta
With last year’s problematic iOS 13, the iOS 14 is to bring the much-needed stability to the buggy iOS 13. The iOS 14 beta installation is very simple as compared to previous releases.
In this guide, I am going to show you the new features and how go about the iOS 14 beta installation.
What are the New Features in iOS 14
The new iOS 14, unlike previous versions, comes with many Android-like features to make life easier for iPhone users. Apple has introduced the ability to add widgets to the home screen for the first time.
They have also debuted App Clips on the iOS 14, which are its version of Android’s Instant Apps. Apple Maps is getting a dedicated map view for cycling and Electronic Vehicle users.
Other additions include; Digital car key, more varied Memoji, Picture-in-picture (PiP), among others, are all debuting in the new iOS 14.
Why You don’t Need a Computer?
The good news is that Apple has gone back to using installation profile this year. That means you don’t need a computer to upgrade your device.
Before we move on, you might want to check if your device is compatible with the new iOS 14.
Which devices are compatible?
Here is a list of all compatible devices:
How To Install iOS 14 Beta – The Process
Before you begin I recommend you backup your device, although this is completely safe.
- Click here to go to the iOS 14 developer beta installation profile download page. Scroll down to iOS 14 beta 1 download and tap on the download button.
- Click Allow when prompted by the website to install the iOS 14 beta profile.
- Now go to your iPhone settings. You should see ”Profile downloaded” right beneath your Apple ID and iCloud information.
- Tap on it and click install. Make sure you click install for all prompts. Tap on Done.
- Now restart your iPhone and go to Settings, go to General, Software update. The update should now appear and ready for download.
- But before you go on, make sure you have a wifi connection and your battery is above 50% charged. Plug in a charger if it is less than 50%. Make sure it starts charging, then proceed to install the iOS 14 developer beta preview.
If the download doesn’t start automatically, tap the Manual install button and that is it.