Roman Abramovich have been sanctioned by the United Kingdom after Russia’s president Putin attacked Ukraine.
The Chelsea owner, Abramovich earlier auctioned the club waiting for the highest bidder to buy the club. But on Thursday morning, the Uk government released a statement directing the club to operate under a license. The decision also indicated that any future sales will not see the Russian businessman benefit.
In this story, we take you through this, Will Chelsea Owner Abramovich Go Bankrupt After UK Sanction?
- Roman Abramovich owns stakes in steel giant Evraz, Norilsk Nickel, and the vast majority of the U.K.’s Chelsea FC soccer team.
- He owns the world’s second-largest yacht, 533-foot Eclipse, bought for nearly $400 million in 2010.
- He sold a 73% stake in Russian oil firm Sibneft to state-owned gas titan Gazprom for $13 billion in 2005.
- Abramovich spent $2.5 billion in the Chukotka region where he worked as governor and chairman of the local Duma from 2001 to 2013.
- He has transferred more than $90 million worth of New York property to ex-wife Dasha Zhukova.
- His British investor visa expired in April 2018. When he couldn’t get a new one, he got Israeli citizenship instead.
After knowing he is worth over $12.8B, Roman Abramovich is still a doubt and we believe he may fall from the world’s richest list.
But, Will Chelsea Owner Abramovich Go Bankrupt After UK Sanction? Kindly leave more details for us below.